Monday, March 10, 2008

Desperate Alternative

Jacob, as we all know, knows what he wants, when he wants it and little can change his mind when it is set. Trying to say goodbye to him Friday evening, I was on my knees (literally) to be at his level as he lay in the swivel rocker. I asked Jacob "Please may I have a hug and kiss goodnight?" He quickly replied a sharp "NO". I again asked Jacob, " Can I please have a hug and kiss goodbye?" Again Jacob said "noooo" but a little more leisurely. As I was about to ask a third time, Jacob held his foot up in my face.
"What's that ?" I asked him.
"A talking foot." Jacob replied.
"What am I supposed to do with that?" I asked.
"Kiss it."
"What? " I asked in disbelief.
With a smug little grin he replied,"Kiss my talking foot." And he giggled.....alot.

Funny funny kid........

3 comments:

Mark and Wendy said...

So did you kiss the foot or not? :)

T said...

Of course I did. It only made him giggle harder. But kissing Jacob's foot is better than not kissing him at all.

Mark and Wendy said...

True of Jacob still, but not so true of other of the male species...no names here, but there are some feet I know that I would pass up easily!