Monday, April 19, 2010

Unexpected Presents



My family finds it odd that I brought home fabric from Kauai. There was this great little bargain fabric store with 95% Hawaiian print fabric. I do not sew, which made it even odder. My intention was to hire out people who DO sew and I'd commission them to sew what was on my mind. Mom started a great set of pillows for my couches and I found just 3 squares of pink hibiscus print thinking that was enough to make a dress for Anna.(Remember I don't sew right?) Mom found some matching pink polka dot fabric at our local JoAnn fabric and as a gift to me, she made an adorable dress for Anna--IN 2 DAYS!! I had no idea a party was planned for me but she wanted to do this for me. Needless to say, it came out awesome and Anna likes it since she changed her favorite color from purple ( Aunt T is not really happy about this) to pink.
Posted by Picasa
And of course thank you to Wendy and Mark and the kids for very unique blend socks and hosting a super sweet- very surprising- birthday party. It is a day I will never forget!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A couple of things here... first of all, I found these photos to be particularly distracting as there was a beaming sunspot in about 75% of these photos. You may adjust your angle when taking photos to avioid the glare of the bright sun you're sitting in front of. Second, perhaps with that lovely fabric you've acquired, you would allow me to fashion you a quilt with these sewin' hands. (Cat count still zero.)