Monday, May 17, 2010

The Only Flowers North of Fairbanks

So it was my birthday, and I was working- on the slope. The farthest most northern coastline of North America, a couple hundred miles more north than the Arctic Circle. It was 10* out, windchill of -35* and blowing snow for blizzard like conditions. But you know how absolutely fantastic my husband is???
He, also being on the same coastline I was at, only 60 miles west of me, using some impressive logistics skills, wrangels a gorgeous bouquet of roses from Anchorage. He had the flower shop take them to Alaska Airlines and had them flown up.

They arrived via the crewbus a few hours later, boxed securely and looking fabulous!! Thanks baby for making my birthday so much more than I expected it to be. You're the best!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mark and Wendy said...

Awwww...will you ever ask him and then post just how much the shipping of said flowers cost? :)

T said...

I do not want to know that dollar amount, but i've heard it cost more than the arrangement itself...